I’m going to try something new. Instead of a wordy article, let’s simplify things a little bit.
Here’s a list I put together with 30 tips you can use to get in the right social media marketing mindset, in no particular order.
Click on any tip to share it on Twitter. Enjoy!
- Buying attention never got anyone anywhere. Earn it.
- Google makes the rules; you just play the game.
- Twitter is not a link farm. Don’t treat it as such.
- LinkedIn can be one of your most underestimated resources.
- Don’t act like a marketer, act like a real human being.
- Listening is often more important than speaking.
- You blog needs to be updated at least twice a week.
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- There’s no such thing as the perfect social media campaign.
- Say goodbye to SEO. Say hello to Social SEO.
- Video is still the medium of choice for viral content.
- Facebook doesn’t like spam. Play nice.
- Sometimes it’s not about you.
- Current events are great conversation starters.
- Social media marketing requires continuous effort.
- There are other places to engage your audience besides the Big Four.
- If 2011 was the year of Instagram, 2012 is the year of Pinterest.
- Your blog content won’t just share itself.
- When creating engaging content, perfect is the enemy of good.
- Good brands listen. Great brands listen and respond.
- You don’t “go on Facebook” anymore. Facebook is everywhere.
- We’re all lazy. Clicking is easier than commenting.
- Twitter is a nightclub. Grab attention by becoming the DJ.
- Thank your fans and followers at random. They’ll appreciate it.
- Become a celebrity in your industry.
- Appreciate your fans and followers. Without them, you’re in an empty room.
- Focus on engaging your current fans rather than on attracting new fans.
- Care first, sell later.
- There is no substitute for authenticity.
- The best time to start your social media campaign is now.
Latest posts by Nicholas Scalice (see all)
- Don’t Let These 4 Words Define Your Social Media Efforts - December 8, 2013
- 3 Books Every Marketer Should Read - November 30, 2013
- 25 Tweetable Social Media Marketing Tips - November 24, 2013